Did you know that our 18-in-1 Castile Liquid Soaps can do just about everything that Sal Suds can?
While our castile soap is primarily designed for the body, the simple blend of oil means it can clean other things just as well. Its perfect for general household cleaning (dishes, floors, laundry, etc.) and it cleans and rinses with exceptional power, yet it is mild and gentle on the skin.
Use our castile soap household hacks cheat sheet to using your Castile Soap around the home.
- Dishes: We recommend pre-diluting the soap 1:10 with water, squirting the mixture onto a scrub brush and handwashing the dishes. Due to the soaps natural, biodegradable and organic ingredients, it’s safe to use outside and near natural water sources – a camping must-have!
- Laundry: Depending on the amount, around 120ml of Castile Soap will work well in your average washer. For dirtier loads, combine this with a cup of baking soda and if you’re just rinsing, add in ½ cup of vinegar
- Mopping: Pour 120ml of Castile Soap into three gallons of hot water and get mopping! It’s that simple
- All- Purpose Cleaning Spray: Mix one litre of water with 60ml of your favourite Castile Soap and pour into a reusable spray bottle. Reach for your spray whenever your surfaces need a good clean!
- Windows: Drop a tablespoon of Castile Soap into a reusable spray bottle along with one litre of water. Follow up with a spray that’s half vinegar and half water to prevent any streaks
- Toilet: Mix 60ml of Castile Soap with one litre of water into a reusable spray bottle and add a couple of drops of tea tree essential oil. Flush the toilet, cover with your spray, scrub with baking soda and let it sit for 10 minutes before flushing again! That will leave it sparkling, trust us
- Ant spray: The Castile Soap is also good for fighting ants. Mix 60ml of the Tea Tree scent with a litre of water and spray on infected areas – not on any plants though as this mixture will burn them!
Dr. Bronner’s is a family business committed to honouring the vision of our founder Dr. E.H. Bronner by making socially and environmentally responsible products of the highest quality, and by dedicating our profits to helping make a better world. “All-One!”